Taking things one day at a time

I know you must be sick of hearing me talk about moving and all the fun stuff that comes with it.................


well TOUGH

no just kidding...............I won't talk about it much....a little......but not too much......sorry babbling .... kind of in that mood today!

I had a hard time sleeping last night. I was tossing and turning and thinking about selling and the conversation I had with the realtor. I had asked for feedback from the other realtors who have been through our house.............out of the 10 that have been thru only 2 called back but they said the exact same thing. They said we are asking WAY too much for the age of our house! I was like what the??? our house is bigger then most out there and our lot is almost 10,000 sq ft.....that is almost 1/4 of an acre.....that's pretty big............our realtor said that when the flooring is complete it will make a HUGE difference and at this point she is not panicking............she feels we are a bit high but if we have the patience to wait it out we should get close to what we are asking. She did say that if we had listed it at about $25,000 less we would have sold it over night...........that's a lot of $$$. A house just sold for what that would be, right around the corner from us............on a major street, with only 5,000 sq ft lot and the house isn't even 1800 sq ft........and no garage....or deck..........we have almost 2500 sq ft, a wired insulated workshop, a garage, a covered and uncovered wrap around deck that is about 4oo sq ft!!!! we have 4 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths, a family room and a rec room..........the list goes on and on.........but our house is older therefore not worth as much???? doesn't the size mean anything??? guess it depends on who is looking!! I called our carpet guy cuz we should be getting the $ from the sale of my van this weekend and he might be coming today to start prepping.

J and I talked this morning briefly about everything and I asked him how low we were willing to go.................he said "not much lower then what we are asking! if we don't get what we want then we don't sell"...........it would like be a total loss to sell our house for less..........we just got to wait for the right people......... we still have to make the decision WHERE to move, but we need to sell the house first!!! that is another post too.....the whole WHERE thing!

J has been talking about going to work on the oil fields............because he is a gas fitter he would make quite a bit of money.........like we are talking $500-$1000/day!!! they work 3 weeks on 1 week off.............so regardless if we sell the house or not.........he might still do that in the fall, from Sept-Nov. It would be a challenge but if it is all they say it is......then we will be making some MAJOR damage to our debt!! and that is a good thing! If he did it for a year ...... we would be debt free besides 1 major debt but if we don't sell then we are going to ask the bank to roll that into our existing mortgage. That would totally free us! That would take pressure off and J could relax and do whatever he wanted!! if he likes it at the oil fields he could work it for 6 months a year and take the other 6 off.....and we would be fine financially! One reason we are seriously considering this is because J has been approached by 3 people now about buying his landscaping business!!! We both feel/believe that it is in God's hands and He is working ALL things together for good for us and our steps are ordered by Him! Amen!!


so onto a silly thing


Faith wakes up this morning in her OWN bed......I know I know amazing isn't it?!.........because I am not picking up Morgan after school, she isn't falling asleep in the car therefore she has been sleeping thru the nights (well almost a good half of them) in her own bed!!! yesterday we went to Xangelle's for coffee and she told Faith that if she sleeps in her own bed all night for 2 weeks she can sleep over at her house............this is something Faith so desperately wants!!! a sleep over......so this morning when she woke up J made a big deal about her sleeping in her own bed (which was great cuz Hailey climbed in after having a bad dream!!) and she told J "dat's betuz I wanna sleep over at JJ's house"..............so it might just work!!!

then

I was driving Emily to school this morning and Faith came with us (Morgan and Hailey stayed at home....M is home sick with a bad cold) and Faith is sitting in the back seat and on the way home she says to me out of the blue.....as usual........"mom....when we goin sell our house?" said in a sad voice........." I don't know baby" I said...........funny that she thinks about it, she asks me that almost everyday........she sits quietly for another minute then she blurts out crying "I don't wanna have boobs.....I don't wanna have boobs"...........and she is honestly crying.............oh brother at this point I don't know what to say to her so I just say my usual " you don't have to worry about it for a long time Faith so relax!"............sheesh....I thought she had come to grips with the facts of life but I guess she is still in turmoil........what to do about it??

4 comments:

MugwumpMom said...

She's too cute!
Oil fields huh? Great idea. Much money to be made, and even better if you don't buy a house up there...I keep hearing that right now housing in Ft Mac and other centres around the fields is almost as much as down here. And groceries and expenses are through the roof. It is only worth it if you "commute" ie: from Edmonton, or further south, but then he'd have to find a place to rent while he's on his two weeks on (unless the oil co has housing???) It'll all come together!

MugwumpMom said...

You know....I just re-read my comment and I sound like my mom!! Giving a negative opinion...so completely ignore what I wrote and do what Holy Spirit in your heart tells you!!

Lala's world said...

that's ok Rena, I didn't take it as negative!! we wouldn't move there to Fort Mack...like you said it is thru the roof price wise but we know people that live there and that is a possibility or housing or whatever....we know that if it is His Will then it will all work out! if we live in PG then it won't be so far for him to go for his week off....so we shall see.

Ruth said...

When we lived in Alberta, Pete looked into the oil fields. They had accomodations for the workers then. When we first lived in Grande Prairie, we lived in the industrial park, in a trailer at the work site. Pete's job was cleaning the trailers that house the rig workers...Don't know if it is the same thing you are talking about but...The right decision will come in the right timing.